Welcome to
Decatur Co TN
"Tennessee Trails"

Town of Carrollville

On October 17, 1821, the Legislature appointed John Blackburn, John Johnston, Worley Warrington, J. W. Nunley and Wm. B. Ross commissioners to lay off a town "to be called Carrollville, in honor of His Excellency Wm. Carroll" at Reeves Ferry. This town was on the lands of John Blackburn, John Johnston and Worley Warrington. It lay a short distance above Perryville but is now a town more in name than in reality. At the time of fixing the permanent capital of the State, Carrollville was one of the many contestants for the honor of being selected as the fortunate place.

Source: Goodspeeds History of Tennessee

Home