Owner of Hinson's Jewelry Store is Charles Harold Hinson, a native countian. Mr. Hinson was born in Lexington Sept. 9, 1915, the son of Arthur and the late Tennie Teague Hinson. Five years later he moved away but returned in 1928. Mr. Hinson attended schools at Jackson, Browns Church, Claybrook, Lexington City and High Schools. He has been a jeweler and watchmaker for the past 17 years.
Mr. Hinson is a member of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the American Legion and VFW. He served as VFW commander in 1949. Mr. Hinson served three years in the Navy and while overseas served on two island bases and twelve ships, including tankers, transports, battleships, aircraft carriers and destroyers. He took part in four major engagements and holds the Phillippine Liberation Ribbon and the Presidental Unit Citation.