(Reagan Baptist Church)
Barren Springs Primitive Baptist Church, Reagan, Henderson County, Tennessee was organized in 1825 under the name Flat Creek Church. In May 1847, the church voted to alternate between meeting at Flat Creek and Barren Springs every other month. In April 1850, the church voted to move all meetings to Barren Springs, and in August 1850 the name of the church was changed to Barren Springs Church.
Located on Highway 104 about 12.5 miles south of Lexington, the church is still maintained today by a small congregation. The church grounds contain a large cemetary with over 200 tombstones. The earliest burials marked by tombstones date to 1852.
State Route 104 in the Reagan Community
12 miles South of Lexington
The earliest surviving minutes of the church are in Book 2, which begins in July 1845. This minute book and succeeding books are in the possession of Howard Martin, Route 1 Box 312, Reagan, Tennessee 38368. Howard Martin secured these books from Fannie Middleton Moody, who had inherited them from her father Jap Middleton, a Barren Springs Church member, when he died.