In 1900 the new Poplar Springs church was built and was used for church and school and was erected by the community's earlier settlers. In 1962 the building was remodeled by lowering the roof and removing the steeple, redecorating the inside but keeping the original pulpit and chairs. The same came from two springs, still in use, and a large poplar tree. Henry Miller was forman for the remodeling program. Pianist for 51 years is Mrs. Guy White.
History by church members, photo by Delton Little.