HELEN (BUCK) USERY
- Services for Mrs. Usery, age 85, were August 9, 2011 in the chapel of Pafford Funeral Home with Bro. RIchard Carruth officiating. Interment followed in Maple Springs Cemetery. Mrs. Usery passed away Sunday in Jackson. She was born Nov. 16, 1925 in Henderson County to the late Charles Henry and Delia McMurry Buck. She was a retired employee of Salant/Salant and a member of Shady Grove Methodist Church. She was preceded by her husband William G. Usery and a daughter Eva Sue Scott. Survivors include her daughter, Lola A. Usery of Beech Bluff; son-in-law Harry Scott; two brothers, Ghelen and Kenneth Buck of Beech Bluff; one grandson Brent (Joy) Scott; one greatgrandchild Macon Scott and several nieces and nephews.
JOHN L. USERY
- Services for John Lee Usery, 72 were conducted Tuesday from Oak Grove by the Rev. Earl Owens. Mr. Usery died early Tuesday at his home in Lexington after a lingering illness. He is survived by a son, Raymond of Lexington; a daughter Mrs. Gusta Maness of Beech Bluff; and a brother, Mark Usery of Lexington. Burial was in Oak Grove Cemetery with Pafford Funeral Home in charge.
MARTHA ELIZABETH "LIZZIE" USERY
- Services for Mrs. Martha Elizabeth Usery were Tuesday afternoon at Shady Grove Methodist Church with the Rev. Andrew Phelan and the Rev. W. A. Moody officiating. Burial was in the Independence Cemetery with Reed's Chapel in charge. Mrs. Usery, who was 77, died Monday morning at Lexington Hospital after a long illness. She was a lifelong resident of Henderson County and a Methodist. She leaves two sons, J. W. Usery of Lexington and Rudolph Usery of Huron; one daughter, Mrs. Edith Moody of Huron; a sister, Mrs. Boyd Sims of Milan and six grandchildren.
- Funeral services for "Gypsy" Bob Utley were Thursday, August 31, 2006, at Reed's Chapel. Burial followed in Pleasant Hill Cemetery. Mr. Utley, age 63, died Tuesday, August 29, 2006, at his home. Survivors include his wife, Brenda Utley, Cedar Grove; two sons Chris Utley and Aaron Utley both of Cedar Grove; two daughters, Holly Parmer, Lexington and Sarah Utley, Cedar Grove; three brothers, Danny Utley, Jackson, Carl Longmire and Johnny Barr both of Cedar Grove; one sister Cindy Rawdon, Milan.
BROOKSTON EARL UTLEY
- Services for Brookston Earl Utley were Tuesday at Reed's Chapel with burial in Independence Cemetery. Mr. Utley, who was 53, died Sunday morning at Jackson General Hospital after a long illness. He was a Cedar Grove native and an automobile mechanic. He was a veteran of the Korean War and a member of the Church of Christ. He leaves his wife, Mrs. Helen Utley; a son, Mike Utley of Covington; his father, Acey Utley of Cedar Grove; two sisters, Mrs. Bernice Liles and Mrs. Barbara Rose, both of Covington; two brothers, Billy J. Utley and Barnie Utley, both of Lexington.
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS UTLEY,
a young man married a few months ago, died last Monday in the old first district of typhoid fever. He was a nephew of Y. Y. Utley, a well known farmer of the old first district and a son of John M. Utley, an older brother of Y. Y.
ELIZABETH PARILEE (COOK) UTLEY,
wife of the late W. A. Utley, was born November 1, 1877. To this union were born two sons, Albert Sidney and John William, both of whom died in early childhood. Her husband preceded her to the grave on August 3, 1930. Mrs. Utley united with the Church of Christ twenty years ago. She was a true and devoted wife, a good neighbor and a kind friend. Funeral services were conducted by Elder J. O. Brown, assisted by Bro. J. R. Page at Pleasant Hill Cemetery.
HATTIE MAE UTLEY
, age 104, died SUnday June 20, 2010 in Huntingdon. She was a homemaker and a member of Bargerton Church of Christ. She is survived by a daughter, Virginia COffman of Cedar Grove, two granaughters, Janet (Joe) Douglas and Glenda (J.T.) Rogers; six great grandchildren and 12 great great grandchildren. She was preceded by her husband Jim Utley, a son Glen , a duaughter-in-law Sue Utley and a son-in-law Leroy COffman. Services were June 22, 2010 at Reeds Chapel with buril following at Pleasant Hill Cem.
YANCEY YOUNG UTLEY
- Services for Yancey Young Utley, 86, were conducted Thursday afternoon at the Juno Church of Christ by Bro. Douglas Perkins. Mr. Utley, a native Henderson Countian, died Wednesday (September 5, 1951) at the home of a daughter, Mrs. Bruce Waller, in Henderson. He served as a member of the County Court severalyears and moved to Henderson about 10 years ago. He was a member of the Roans Creek Church of Christ. In addition to his daughter, he leaves a step daughter Mrs. G.O. Reid of Henderson; three stepsons, Leroy and Baxter Gardner of Henderson and Noble Gardner of Memphis; a a sister Mrs. Clay Brandon of Wildersville. Buria was in Independence Cem.