S C H O O L S
Antioch Community School
Antioch school got its name from a Primitive Baptist church located in the community. Mary Teague taught the first school in a log building at Old Antioch seventy-five years ago. She had a house full of pupils. One of her pupils now living in this community is Martha Ellen Fesmire (1940) . She is 83 years of age. All her life has been spent in less than a mile and a half of her birthplace.
The present teachers are Mrs. Ruby W. Brooks and Miss Faye Oakley. The present enrollment is 54 pupils.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)