S C H O O L S
Beech River Community School
Beech River school got its name from Beech River, a tributary of the Tennessee River, whose head is near the school building. There have been three buildings. The first was built between 1875-1880 about 75 yards from where the present building now stands. The second was erected in 1910-1915 on the Hardin farm. The present building was built in 1928.
Some of the early teachers were: Willie Wilson, Mrs. Emma White, Felix Davis, Vela Blankenship, A.H. Fuller and Mae Joyce. The first teacher in the present building was Mrs. Josie Lee Gibson.
The average daily attendance is 29. The present teacher is Mrs. Frances Gibson.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)