S C H O O L S
Center Ridge Community School
The Center Ridge school bears the same name as the community because it is on the dividing ridge between the Tennessee and the Mississippi Rivers. The present building was constructed in 1935. The first building was built in 1882, remodeled and enlarged in 1897. The first teachers were S.E. (Emerson) Tucker, Margarette Teague and A.W. Fesmire. The present teachers are Harold Sellers and Cora Mae Gateley. The average attendance is 43.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)