S C H O O L S
Chapel Hill Community School
Chapel Hill school was named for the Chapel Hill Baptist Church which stands near the school. The first house was a log house and was built soon after the Civil War. In 1880 the present building was erected. The first teacher to teach in this building was Charlie Scott. About 1920 the school house was remodeled and a new room added. The attendance had increased so much that two teacher were employed. They were Mr. and Mrs. Will Gilliam. In later years only one teacher is employed. The present teacher is Mrs. Elizabeth H. Hart. The average attendance is 26.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)