S C H O O L S
Christian Chapel School
Among the first settlers of the Christian Chapel School community was Mr. Buck Moore. His is the oldest house and was built in 1812. It is on the present farm of J.W> Johnson near G.W. Williams. Joshua Ivy lives there now. The Church is Christian Chapel Church of Christ built in 1897. The first store was operated by T.A. Davis. The present stores are owned by Roby Bradfield and Erie Rickman. One mail carrier is Mr. B.A> Todd of Wildersville.
The present Christian Chapel School building was built in 1930. A one room house, which was located near the place where the church now stands, was used prior to that time. Oscar Eubands was the first teacher. The present teachers are Luther Bradfield and Mrs. Violet Maxwell. The average daily attendance is 42. This school is the nearest one to Natchez Trace State Park. Five pupils of the old school are teachers.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)