S C H O O L S
The first school was held in a log house, one half mile north of the present one. This house was constructed for a Masonic Hall but was also used for school and for church by the Cumberland Presbyterian people.
Some of the teachers were R.L. Napier, Tom Nowell, Jim Birdwell and a Mr. Bryant. The present school house was built in 1900, with the first teacher being Miss Mary Hampton.
This school house was on a high hill, just west of the Carroll County line. The Broidis Ferry Road is near on the north. The famous Natchez Trace Road and also Natchez Trace State Park is one mile southeast. The present teacher is Mrs. Clara Moore Walker, with average daily attendance of 23.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)