S C H O O L S
The name Huron was given to the school in honor of the community. The present building was built in 1934. The first teacher was Miss Rena Mae Pierce. Two other teachers have taught there, namely; Misses Willie Dee Parham and Mrs. Della Mae Anderson. The present teacher is Birthel Johnson.
School has been taught in one other building in this community. Starting about 1885 school was taught in the church for several years. The teachers teaching then include Emma Kimbrough, Minnie Spellings, Katie Skipper and W.R. Wilson. The average daily attendance for last month was 16. The total enrollment is 17.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)