S C H O O L S
Middlefork school received the name of Middlefork for being near the branch of the Forkadeer River. The first school buildings were Big Springs and the Edwards School.
The first teachers were John Wheatley and Prof. Hubbard. The first school house at Middlefork was built in 1895. The first school house on the present grounds was built in 1911, which was badly damaged by a storm in 1915. One school was taught in this building by Laura Patterson.
The second school was taught by Prof. W.C. Crook in 1912. The present building was constructed in 1922. The second room was added in 1929. The first school was taught in the present building by W.C. Crook.
About 1925 Middlefork became a two-teacher school. The following teachers have taught with W.C. Crook; Allie Crook, Mrs. Lena Wallace, Kathleen Essary, Minnie Page, Ruth Stewart, Pauline McAdams. The present teachers are W.C. Crook and Pauline McAdams. the average daily attendance since 1925 is 49 plus.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)