To The
S C H O O L S
of
HENDERSON COUNTY
TENNESSEE




Ollie's Grove School

Ollie's Grove School received its name from the first teacher, Miss Ollie Mason. The school was founded in 1884. The number of buildings used is not known. The present building was erected in 1925 with an addition in 1939. It is located about two and a half miles north of Huron. The present teacher is Warren Holmes,with average attendance of 32 and an enrollment of 40.

The community was also named for Miss Ollie Mason. The Taylors were among the first settlers. The oldest house now standing is owned by Ike Bell. Elbert Horton now resides in it. The community has Rural Free Delivery from Huron. Rex Pope is the mail carrier. This community has neither a church nor a store.

From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)

Back Home