To The
S C H O O L S
of
HENDERSON COUNTY
TENNESSEE

Presley School

Henry Asbill's Singing Group at Presley School
Contributed by Doyle Yates
1st Row: Clarence Little, Landy Blankenship, Cory Blankenship, Ella Blankenship, Annis Wright, Roy Wright, Willie Blankenship, Grita Bosmen, Etame Christopher, Beulah Jackson, Homer Blankenship, Jess Bridges

2nd Row: DorsieJones, Clifford Jowers, Henry Azbill, Sid Blankenship, Ruby Blankenship, Gritha Blankenship, Betty Moore

3rd Row: Dee Little, Bob Blankenship, Ed Bailey, Alvin Fesmire, Jeff Little, Riley Wright, Joe Blankenship, Ernest Bailey, Losure Blankenship, Ben Bailey, Relford Jowers, Gene Gorman, Margie Bailey, Cletha Blankenship

4th Row: Elias McBridge, John Little, Riley Bridges, Esen Goff, Jim Cox, Deward Blankenship, Florence Blankenship, Dollie Fesmire, Ollie Cox, Ida Bridges, Johnie Garner, Vester Blankenship, Eddie Jowers, Bob Little


Presley School, 1936, located between Hwys. 104S and 22 on Presley Road.

Front Row: Ernest Lee Blankenship, Gen. Howell Meadows, Nathaniel Jones, Junior Bailey, J.D. Blankenship, Clayton Meadows, (?), James Bailey

Second Row: Lavone Blankenship, Imogene McPeake, (?), Nadine Stanfill, Elizabeth McPeake, Lorene McPeake, Eula Mae Middleton, Allen Wayne Yates, Matthew McPeake

Third Row: Mary Beth Bailey, Bethlene Blankenship, Louise Yates, Marie Scott, (?), Juanita Blankenship, Pauline Scott, Lee Moore Meadows, Reeford Jowers, Willie Montgomery, Leala Meadows Cook

Fourth Row:Dortha McPeake, Milton Buck, R.C. Moore, G.W. Montgomery, Thomas Meadows, James Jowers, Mary Sue Goff and Dewey Howell, teachers.

Fifth Row:Jeanetta Strickling, Leola Mae Jones, Ray Middleton, Willard Yates, Alma Erwin, Clois Stanfill, Herbert Blankenship, Eton Buck

Back Row; Ruth Meadows, Zula Middleton, Velma Goff, Leathie yates, Thomas Blankenship.

The photo was furnished by Helen Wooley.

Contributed by Lucille (Tuck) Jones from a newspaper article.

The school was named for Mr. Riley Presley. He gave the land to the county for the school house. Three buildings have been used. The first teacher was Mr. Swain. The The present teachers are Goy Snider and Ruby Miller with average attendance of 58.

Back Home