S C H O O L S
After a post office was established and named Reagan, the school then went by the same name. The building now in use was erected in 1937. Four buildings have been used.
Miss Lucy Sage, we are informed, was the first teacher. The present teachers are Tom Bailey, Mrs. Daisye Presley and Mrs. Josephine McPeake. The average daily attendance is 85.
Mr. Ira C. Powers , now Superintendent of County School, has taught in this school. Other teachers are Mr. James Page, Mrs. J.L. McKinstry, Dr. and Mrs. Henry Powers, Mrs. Exie McPeake, Mr. Tom Stanfill and Mrs. Tom Bailey.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)