S C H O O L S
Roberts School was named for Mr. Duncan Roberts because he gave the land for the building and playground. The first teacher was Miss Juanita Hester with 35 pupils. It was established in 1932 with one room. The building has two room now with an enrollment of 56. The present teachers are Bernice Maness and Lula Hare.
The first settlers in this community were the Stanfords and the Hares. The oldest house now standing was built before the Civil War, and the home of Mr. Tom Lindsey. The oldest church is Maize's Chapel. The oldest store was owned by the Hare brothers. The mail carrier is Connie Sullivan. The Natchez Trace State Park is near this community. The old original Natchez Trail runs near the Roberts School. It was a trail for the Chickasaw and Natchez Indians but has become a good road for us.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)