S C H O O L S
Unity school was the name given this school by the first teacher. She thought the meaning of this word good. The first building was erected in 1887. The present in 1934. This is the third building and location of this school. The first two buildings were one room. The present is two rooms. The first teacher was Miss Florence Fisher. The present teachers are Mrs. Jessie O. Fisher and Mrs. Della Mae P. Anderson. The average attendance is 39. The school is on the approved list of Tennessee elementary schools. An active PTA is a great help to this school. The boys basketball team won the county tournament in 39-40.
From the works of Louise Oakley - Henderson County Supervisor of Schools (Fair Project 1940)