San Patricio County was established in 1836 by the Congress of the new Republic of Texas. Far larger than the current county, the original San Patricio County included territory later incorporated into other counties. In 1845 Corpus Christi was designated the county's seat of government and remained so until 1846, when San Patricio County lost all of its territory south of the Nueces River to the newly established Nueces County. That year the town of San Patricio became San Patricio County's seat. In 1848 more new counties were formed, and the county was further reduced in size. The development of the county intensified during the first years of the twentieth century, and particularly after 1909, when land agents began to widely advertise San Patricio County property to prospective farmers. New towns such as Odem (1904), St. Paul (1909), Edroy (1910), Taft, and Sodville sprang up along the railroads, as hundreds of new farmers moved into the area from northern Texas and other states.
Cities and Towns
* Del Sol-Loma Linda * Doyle * Edgewater-Paisano * Edroy * Falman-County Acres *
* Gregory * Ingleside * Ingleside on the Bay * Lake City * Lakeshore Gardens-Hidden Acres *
* Lakeside * Mathis * Morgan Farm Area * Odem * Portland * Rancho Chico * Sinton *
* St. Paul * Taft Southwest * Taft * Tradewinds *