We regret that we are unable to
perform personal research for anybody.
Jack County is named for Patrick Churchill Jack, and his brother William Houston Jack, both soldiers of the Texas Revolution.
Jack County was organized by an Act of the Texas Legislature on October 27, 1852 and was named for two brothers, P.C. and W.H. Jack, who were leaders In the Texas Independence effort. It was created in 1856, from part of Cooke County with final organization in 1857.
The town of Jacksboro was first named Mesquiteville; by petition of the citizens to the Legislature the name was changed on February 6, 1855 to Jacksborough. Later, the Legislature approved another change on October 22, 1889 of Jacksborough to Jacksboro.
Fort Richardson was built in the early 1860's at Jacksboro and has been restored.
The county seat is Jacksboro.
Cities, Towns and Populated Areas
Bryson * Jacksboro * Jermyn * Joplin * Perrin * Gibtown *