Created from Fannin County in 1876 and organized in 1891.
Named for William King. Area of 928 square miles. Situated in
Northwest Texas. The greater part of the surface is rolling
prairie and the soil a rich sandy loam. The county has several
streams. Surface water Is Impregnated with gypsum, but good
water can be had at a depth of about 60 feet. Most of the
county Is given over to stock raising, but within recent
years, farming has become one of the occupations. Guthrie, the
county seat, is reached by stage line from Benjamin.
* Guthrie * Finney
* Dumont * Grow