We regret that we are unable to
perform personal research for anybody.
Tyler county was created and organized in 1846 from Liberty County and was named for President John Tyler, the tenth President of the United States.
County seat, Woodville; area, 925 square miles; located in east Texas; created and organized, 1846.
Surface: high and rolling in northern part, level plain in the southern portion;
Soil - light sandy, rich black land. Industries: fruit and truck, growing, farming.
Products: all manner of east Texas fruits and vegetables, cotton, corn and other staples.
Transportation: T. & O., M. K. & T. and the W. & C. P. Rys. Natural resources: sandstone and brick clay, traces of oil.
Towns, Warren, Rockland, Doucett. (Encyclopedia of Texas, by Ellis A. Davis, Dallas, Tex., 1922, page 184)
Woodville - Judical seat of Tyler County; pop., 785. 55 miles from Beaumont, on the T. & N. O. Ry. Banks, Tyler County State, Woodville State.
Has newspaper. Industry, lumber and cotton. Tel., W. U. Express. (Source: Encyclopedia of Texas, by Ellis A. Davis, Dallas, Tex., 1922, page 165)
Census Records are available for 1850-1880. Marriage Records go back to about 1840. Death Records are not very complete until around early 1920's. Deed Records go back to 1846. [Source: Texas State Genealogical Society. Stirpes, Volume 2, Number 2, June 1962, who accumulated the information from the county Clerks of each county, as well as the Texas Almanac, 1961-62, Dallas, Tex.: A.H. Belo corp. 1961]
Cities and Towns
Chester * Colmesneil * Ivanhoe * Ivanhoe North * Woodville *
[NOTE: Tyler county does not contain the city of Tyler, Texas which is located approximately 140 miles to the north in Smith County.]
Doucette * Fred * Hillister * Spurger * Warren *