|Welcome to Collin County, Texas|
|Texas Genealogy Trails|
This Collin County Website
is available for adoption.
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic web-authoring skills, consider joining us! If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways. Get the details on our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for folks.
All data we come across will be added to this site. We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to this site.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * * . . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Collin County Texas
Collin County was demarked from Fannin County on April 3, 1846, and named for Collin McKinney, one of the first settlers of the county and a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence. The original county seat was Buckner. Because this town Buckner was not within three miles of the center of the county, however, McKinney became the county seat in 1848. Like the county, McKinney was named for Collin McKinney.
The settlement of Collin County can be divided into two phases. The first occurred during the early period of the county's history, from 1840 to 1860. The second phase took place during and after the arrival of railroads. The settlements established before the construction of rail lines seldom survived if the railroads bypassed them.
The influence of James W. Throckmorton, a native of McKinney and Texas state senator, resulted in Collin County's vote against secession, 948 to 405, in 1861. Once Texas joined the Confederacy, however, more than 1,500 residents of the county enlisted in the defense of the South, led by Throckmorton, who rose to the rank of brigadier general.Photo by Larry D. Moore CC BY SA 3.0COLLIN COUNTY COURTHOUSE
CITIES, TOWNS, AND POPULATED PLACES
* Celina * Frisco * Josephine * Plano * Wylie * Allen * Anna * Blue Ridge * Farmersville * Lavon * Lowry Crossing
* Lucas * McKinney * Melissa * Murphy * Nevada * Parker * Princeton * Weston * Fairview * New Hope *
* Prosper * St. Paul * Westminster * Altoga * Arnold * Beverly Hill * Bloomdale * Branch * Buckner * Chambersville * Chambliss * Clear Lake * Climax * Collin * Copeville * Cowley * Culleoka * Desert * Fayburg *
* Forest Grove * Frognot * Kelly * Little Ridge * Marilee * Milligan * Millwood * New Mesquite * Pecan Grove *
* Pike * Rhea Mills * Rockhill * Roland * Sedalia * Snow Hill * Valdasta * Verona * Walnut Grove * Wetsel
* Winningkoff * Lebanon * Lolaville * Renner * Shepton *
* Biggers * Nickelville * Parris *
Check your attics!
Dust off your family scrapbooks!
We're looking for DATA for this site!!!
If you are interested in adding your families' information to this website, Email Us.
We'll be happy to help your families' obituaries, news items and other historical data find a home here at Texas Genealogy Trails, where it will remain free for all to view.
Online Data Cemeteries FamilyRecords MiscellaneousRecords SchoolRecords Wills andProbate Records Website Updates:
Apr 2018: Death News: LEEJan 2018: Website redecorated and pages are mobile friendly; Bios: HEARN, BEVERLY; Sick List News: DOBBS, MANTOOTH; Visiting News: BUTCHER, RUCKER, MOORE, GIFFORD, STROUP, MORLANDMay 2017: County Records: 1900 Fugitives from Justice
SEARCH OUR SITES
Submit an Obituary to Us
for any of our county sites.
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Texas is covered under our "Southwestern States" mailing list.
* Grayson County (north)
* Fannin County (northeast)
* Hunt County (east)
* Rockwall County (southeast)
* Dallas County (south)
* Denton County (west)
Click here to select another county
VISIT OUR PRAIRIES AND LAKES REGION INDEX
OR VISIT OUR TEXAS STATE PAGE
OR VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.