Prince Edward County, Virginia
Prince Edward County, Virginia was formed in the Virginia Colony in 1754 from Amelia County. It was named for Prince Edward, second son of Frederick, Prince of Wales and younger brother of George III of the United Kingdom.
The original county seat housed the courthouse and was called Prince Edward Courthouse; it is now the village of Worsham.
Near the headwaters of the Appomattox River, the Town of Farmville was formed in 1798, and was incorporated in 1912.
The county seat was moved from Worsham to Farmville in 1871.
Farmville * Pamplin City * Prospect
Hampden Sydney * Longwood University, Virginia
Meherrin * Rice