Source: Magazine of Virginia Genealogy . Published by the Virginia Historical Society
|The following abbreviations are used in this series:|
NL: new land
OL: old land
p: patent; page
|Manuscript paging is given in parentheses within the patent abstracts, indicating the point where a patent is continued to another page.|
JOHN FENTRIS. 13a. NL. Princess Anne Co.. in the N. woods; John Smiths c. in Thomas Purdy's line; c. on Reedy Br. 27 Sep 1734.(p.296)
HENRY HOLMES, JOHN JEMASON, & EDWARD HACK MOSELEY. 250a, NL [?] , an Island of Marshland in Princess Ann Co. in Corotuck Bay near the Ragged Islands. 1 Nov. 1733.
CHARLES HOWARDS. 130a. NL. Princess Anne Co.. Sw. L. in theN. woods; on the Cypress Br.; John Whitehurst c.; c on the Horse Bridge run; John Fentris's line 27 Sep 1734.
CHARLES KELLY. 153a. NL. Princess Anne Co.. two islands of marsh L. on Muddy Cr. Bay & called Cape Porposs Marshes; a small cr. that parts the island on the westmost side from Canons Marshes; the eastermost island called Cape Porposs is bounded by the Bay and Peters Cooe. 27 Sep 1734.
JOHN MATHIAS. 46a. Princess Anne Co.. on eastern br. of Elizabeth R.: near Murrough's c.; along Stooke's line; Edmands's line (p.490). 13 May 1735.
JOHN SMITH. 62a. Sw.L.. Princess Anne Co.. adjoining his own L.; begins at Thomas Purdy's line. 5 May 1734. (p.211)
HENRY SNAIL. 200a. OL. NL. Princess Anne Co.. on the head of Lynhaven R. Woods; John Whithurst's L. ;c. of Batson Whithurst's L.. 150a being sw. L. & never before p. 27 Sep 1734.
BACK -- HOME
© Genealogy Trails