Genealogy and History
Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy
to Virginia Genealogy Trails!
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing
genealogical and historical data
and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.
This Scott County Website
is available for adoption.
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic web-authoring
skills, consider joining us!
Get the details on our Volunteer
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage
If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways.
More information can be found on the Volunteer
We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
Scott County, Virginia
Scott County was formed by an act of the General Assembly on November 24, 1814 from parts of Washington, Lee, and Russell Counties and was named for Virginia born General Winfield Scott
Thomas McCulloch was the first white settler within the county, in 1769. Daniel Boone commanded several forts located here in 1774 during Dunmore's War, and several more were built in successive years.
The county seat is Gate City
Towns and Incorporated Communities
Clinchport * Duffield * Dungannon * Gate City * Nickelsville * Weber City *
Other Populated Places in Scott County
Bellamy * Bellamytown * Boulder * Bruno * Bush Mill * Canton * Carrico Mill * Clinch * Cox Mill * Cox Place * Crackers Neck
* Craft Mill * Deans Store * Dorter Mill * Dorton Fort * Duncan Mill * Fairview * Flat Rock * Fort Blackmore * Fraleytown
* Frisco * Fulkerson * Glenita * Grays * Grays Ford * Grigbys Store * Hiltons * Jayne Mill * Jennings Store * Kermit * Kerns
* Ketrontown * Lano * Little Duck * Maces Spring * Manville * Marcem * McConnell * McConnell Mill * McCorkle
Mountain Springs * Natural Tunnel * Nottingham * Owen Corner * Pattonsville * Peterson * Pullontown * Rhoton Mill
* Rye Cove * Shelleys * Silica * Slabtown * Sloantown * Snowflake * Spivey Mill * Spivey Store * Stanleytown * Stony
* Stringtown * Sunbright * Three Forks * Tito * Twin Springs * Verdi * Williams Mill * Winegar Mill * Wininger * Wood * Yuma
Check your Attics!
Dust off your family scrapbooks!
We're looking for DATA for this site!!!
If you are interested in adding your families' information to this website, Email
We'll be happy to help your families' obituaries, news items and other
historical data find a home here
at Virginia Genealogy Trails, where it will remain free for all to view.
SEARCH OUR SITES
Submit an Obituary to Us
for any of our county sites.
Don't miss an Update!
Join our Genealogy Trails Northeastern States Mailing
to get email notices when our county sites are updated.
For the States of :
You never know who you might meet and what family data they may share with you
-- it could start a whole new branch
of the family!
We also use the mailing lists to announce our website updates.