This site is a member of the Genealogy Trails Family
Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy
Available for Adoption!!
Our goal is to offer as much FREE historical and
genealogical information online as we can, so what this page really needs is a host of its own. To learn what it
involves to become a host please visit our Volunteer Information Page
(Know-how to make a basic html webpage and a desire to transcribe
data are the two big requirements)
If you have any questions, comments or data contributions please Contact Us.
Thank you and good luck in your search!
Please consider sharing your research information so that we can continue
to build websites that will remain a helpful resource for the researchers of Washington.
WE REGRET THAT
WE ARE UNABLE TO DO PERSONAL RESEARCH FOR YOU.
All data we come
across will be added to this website, so please keep checking back.
Jefferson County was formed out of Thurston County on December
22, 1852, by the legislature of Oregon Territory, and included the northern 4,854 square miles portion of the Olympic
Peninsula. On April 26, 1854, the legislature of Washington Territory created Clallam County from the northwestern
2,670 square miles portion of this original area.
The county seat is at Port Townsend, which is also the county's only incorporated city.
The county is split in three parts by its landforms:
* Eastern Jefferson County along the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Admiralty
Inlet, and Puget Sound
* Central Jefferson County, which is uninhabited and lies in the Olympic Mountains within Olympic National Park
and Olympic National Forest
* Western Jefferson County, along the Pacific Ocean.
* Brinnon * Marrowstone * Port Hadlock-Irondale * Port Ludlow * Port Townsend * Quilcene
* Adelma Beach * Beckett Point * Cape George * Center * Chimacum * Clearwater * Coyle
* Crocker Lake * Dabob * Discovery Bay * East Quilcene * Fort Flagler * Fort Worden
* Gardiner * Glen Cove * Indian Island * Kala Point * Kalaloch * Leland
* Mats Mats * Mount Walker * Oak Bay * Queets * Shine
Our Online Data
Church Histories / Records
Nov 2013: military news for JONES
Feb 2013: 1883 Pensioners on the roll; Obits for BROOKS, WEIR, HASTINGS, JOHNUSON, FRASER, WILKER, KEYMES, TROY,
KEESLER, WEBBER, FRASER, AHMMOND, BARTLETT, MILLS, STICHNOTH, HASTINGS, BOX, WAKEMAN, SAWTELLE, PLUMMER
Jan 2013: HAYES obit
SEARCH OUR SITES
We also have mailing lists set up so that you can read about updates,
discuss your families and connect with other researchers who are looking in the same area as you.
Don't Miss Another Update!
Join our Mailing
Lists to be notified of website updates
Our Pacific Mailing List covers
California | Oregon | Washington | Alaska | Hawaii
County, Washington - northeast
* Kitsap County, Washington - southeast
* Mason County, Washington - south/southeast
* Grays Harbor County, Washington - south/southwest
* Clallam County, Washington - northwest
* San Juan County, Washington - northeast (water boundary only, in Strait of Juan de Fuca).
Visit our Washington
Remember to bookmark us and keep checking back for new additions to
Visit our National
Copyright © Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.