The county is named after the Skagit Indian tribe.
The county seat is at Mount Vernon, which is also
the county's largest city.
Skagit County was formed out of Whatcom County on
November 28, 1883
Towns and CDP's
* Anacortes * Burlington * Concrete *
Hamilton * La Conner
* Lyman * Mount Vernon * Sedro-Woolley
* Alger * Bay View * Big Lake * Clear Lake * Conway
* Lake Cavanaugh * Lake McMurray * Marblemount *
* Swinomish Indian Reservation
* Upper Skagit Indian Reservation
SEARCH OUR SITES
We also have
mailing lists set up so that you can read about
updates, discuss your families and connect with
other researchers who are looking in the same area
Don't Miss Another Update!
Join our Mailing Lists to be notified of
Our Pacific Mailing List covers
California | Oregon | Washington | Alaska | Hawaii
* Whatcom County, Washington - north
* Okanogan County, Washington - east
* Chelan County, Washington - southeast
* Snohomish County, Washington - south
* Island County, Washington - southwest
* San Juan County, Washington - west
our Washington State
bookmark us and keep checking back for new additions
to the sites.