Whitman County was formed from Stevens County November 29, 1871.
It is named after Marcus Whitman, a Presbyterian missionary who, with his wife Narcissa, was killed in 1847 by
members of the Cayuse tribe.
Colfax is the county seat.
Cities, Towns and CDP's
* Albion * Colfax * Colton * Endicott * Farmington * Garfield
* La Crosse * Lamont * Malden * Oakesdale * Palouse
* Pullman * Rosalia * St. John * Tekoa * Uniontown
SEARCH OUR SITES
Don't Miss Another Update!
Join our Mailing
Lists to be notified of website updates
We have mailing lists set up so that you can read about updates, discuss
your families and connect with other researchers who are looking in the same area as you.
Our Pacific Mailing List covers
| Washington | Alaska | Hawaii
County - north
* Benewah County, Idaho - northeast
* Latah County, Idaho - east
* Nez Perce County, Idaho - southeast
* Asotin County - south/southeast
* Garfield County - south
* Columbia County - south
* Franklin County - southwest
* Adams County
* Lincoln County - northwest
Visit our Washington State Site
Remember to bookmark us and keep checking back for new additions to the