MARATHON COUNTY WISCONSIN
Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and
Representative Citizens (1913) written by Louis
Marchetti, page 578 ---Transcribed by Marla
THE TOWN OF BERN
This town was set off from the town of Halsey in 1902 and organized
as a separate town in the spring of 1903, electing John C. Searing
as its first chairman.
The town consists of township 30, range 3 east, excepting the east
one-half of east one-half of section 36, which remained attached to
the village of Athens. The population in this town is purely a
One cheese factory has been built and is in operation, conducted on
the co-operative plan. The majority of the farmers are of the German
nationality, at least of German descent.
There are three school districts with a new modern schoolhouse in
each district. No church exists yet in this town, as the bulk of the
population are inhabiting the eastern part of the town and have
joined the congregations in the nearby village of Athens.
Wisconsin Genealogy Trails Home Page
To contribute or report broken links email
Copyright © Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights
reserved for original submitters.