Township of Aurora
A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin
latitude 450951N and longitude 0905152W,
Apr. 3, 1897.
Name vacated 17 Nov. 1898.
Re-established 9 Feb. 1899.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 34.2 square miles, all of it land.
In mid-summer of 1847 a crew working for the U.S. government surveyed a six mile square which approximates the current boundaries of Aurora. Then in December of 1854 another crew marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass.When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: