A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 450959N and longitude 0901356W
Nov. 21, 1885.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 36.5 square miles, of which, 36.5 square miles is land and 0.03% is water.
The south and east edges of the six by six mile square that would become Browning were first surveyed in 1851 by crews working for the U.S. government.
In the fall of 1861 a different crew of surveyors marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass.
When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: