A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin
latitude 450455N and longitude 0901546W
Apr. 16, 1880.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 34.2 square miles, of which, 34.2 square miles is land and 0.03% is water.
The six by six mile square that would become Deer Creek was first surveyed in 1851 by crews working for the U.S. government. In the fall of 1854 a different crew of surveyors marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: