A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 450915N and longitude 0904358W
Mar. 20, 1917.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 35.1 square miles, of which, 32.8 square miles is land and 2.3 square miles is water.
Most of the water area is Chequamegon Waters, also known as Miller Dam, a man-made lake in the northeast corner of the town.
In mid-summer of 1847 a crew working for the U.S. government surveyed a six mile square which approximates the current boundaries of Ford. Then in October of 1854 another crew marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: