A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 450925N and longitude 0900543W
May 6, 1903
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 36.3 square miles, all of it land.
The south and east edges of the six by six mile square that would become Goodrich were first surveyed in 1851 by crews working for the U.S. government. In December of 1861 a different crew of surveyors marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description:
The dells of the Big Rib River in Goodrich are probably the rapids where Father Rene Menard disappeared in 1661, while attempting to reach a band of Huron Indians at Lake Chelsea. He left his partner at the rapids to carry some supplies and was never seen again.