A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin
latitude 451451N and longitude 0901110W
Nov. 21, 1885
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 54.3 square miles, of which, 54.3 square miles is land and 0.1 square miles is water.
Most of the edges of the six by six squares that would become Greenwood were surveyed in October of 1861 by a crew working for the U.S. government. In early 1862, the same crew marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description for the western six by six square: