A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 450451N and longitude 0902935W
Apr. 17, 1895
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 36.4 square miles, of which, 36.3 square miles is land and 0.03% is water.
The six mile square that would become Holway was first surveyed in the summer of 1847 by a crew working for the U.S. government. Then in 1854 another crew marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: