A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 450439N and longitude 0902241W
Sep 3, 1875
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 35.0 square miles of which, 35.0 square miles is land and 0.03% is water.
The western edge of the six by six mile square that would become Little Black was first surveyed in 1847 by a crew working for the U.S. government. That west edge of the town is on the Fourth Principal Meridian, the first north-south line surveyed up through the forests of Wisconsin, from which towns, sections and forties were later measured. In October 1854 a different crew of surveyors marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: