A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 451515N and longitude 0902859W
Dec. 2, 1886
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 36.0 square miles, of which, 35.3 square miles is land and 0.7 square miles is water.
Most of Molitor is hilly, with small glacial lakes. It lies within the Perkinstown terminal moraine.
The six mile square that would become Molitor was first surveyed in the summer of 1847 by a crew working for the U.S. government. Then in the winter of 1857 and 1858 another crew marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and over frozen swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: