A civil town in Taylor County, Wisconsin at
latitude 450428N and longitude 0905147W
Mar. 26, 1909
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The town has a total area of 36.6 square miles, of which, 36.5 square miles is land and 0.1 square miles is water.
In July of 1847 a crew working for the U.S. government surveyed the boundaries of the six mile square which would become Taft. This was repeated in late 1848. Then in June of 1854 another crew marked all the section corners in the township, walking through the woods and swamps, measuring with chain and compass. When done, the deputy surveyor filed this general description: