West Virginia State Site




Grant County West Virginia
County History




Henry, West Virginia -  The act creating the county declared that the seat of justice should be on the McCalgin farm, opposite the mouth of Buffalo creek, and be known by the name of Marshall. But an act of the Legislature, passed October 10, 1863, changed the name of the town from Marshall to Henry.  [Source: History of West Virginia; By Virgil Anson Lewis; publ. 1887; Transcribed by Andrea Stawski Pack]



HOME

Copyright © Genealogy Trails