Welcome to Preston County West Virginia
History and Genealogy
West Virginia Trails History and Genealogy
Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy
This Site is Available for Adoption
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data for
the free use of all researchers.
We're looking for folks who share our dedication to putting data online and are interested in helping this project
be as successful as it can be. If you are interested in joining Genealogy Trails, view our Volunteer Page for further information and then contact Kim.
(Enough knowledge to make a basic webpage and a desire to transcribe data
We regret that we are unable to perform personal
research for you.
All data we come across will be added to this site. We thank
you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to this site.
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates,
subscribe to any or all of our mailing
West Virginia is covered under our "Northeastern States" mailing list.
Preston County was formed from Monongalia County in 1818 and named for
Virginia Governor James Patton Preston. Its county seat is Kingwood.
Cities and towns
* Town of Albright * Town of Brandonville * Town of Bruceton Mills
* City of Kingwood * Town of Masontown * Town of Newburg
* Town of Reedsville * Town of Rowlesburg * Town of Terra Alta
* Town of Tunnelton
* Afton * Alpine Lake * Amboy * Arthurdale * Aurora * Austen * Borgman * Bretz * Cascade * Clifton Mills * Corinth
* Cuzzart * Denver * Eglon
* Etam * Evansville * Fellowsville * Gladefarms * Hazelton * Hopemont
* Hopewell * Horse Shoe Run * Howesville * Independence * Israel
* Little Sandy * Manheim * Manown * Marquess * Mount Olivet
* Mount Vernon * Orr * Pisgah * Pleasantdale * Preston * Rockville
* Rodemer * Rohr * Ruthbelle * Saint Joe * Scotch Hill * Sell * Silver Lake
* Sinclair * Snider * Stevensburg * Sugar Valley * Threefork Bridge * Turner Douglass * Valley Point * Victoria
* West End * White Oak Springs * Zevely