Welcome to Wayne County WV
History and Genealogy
West Virginia Genealogy Trails
a part of Genealogy
Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy
This Site is Available for Adoption
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data for
the free use of all researchers.
We're looking for folks who share our dedication to putting data online and are interested in helping this project
be as successful as it can be. If you are interested in joining Genealogy Trails, view our Volunteer Page for further information and then contact Kim.
(Enough knowledge to make a basic webpage and a desire to transcribe data
We regret that we are unable to perform personal
research for folks.
All data we come across will be added to this site. We thank you
for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to this site.
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe
to any or all of our mailing
West Virginia is covered under our "Northeastern States" mailing list.
Wayne County is the westernmost county in WV
Created from part of Cabell County, it was founded in 1842.
The County Seat is Wayne
The county was named for General "Mad Anthony" Wayne
Incorporated Cities and Towns
* City of Ceredo
* Town of Fort Gay
* City of Huntington (partly, most of city in Cabell County)
* City of Kenova
* Town of Wayne
* Town of East Lynn * Town of Dunlow
* Ardel * Armilda * Bethesda * Booton * Bowen * Brabant
* Buffalo Creek * Centerville * Coleman * Cove Gap * Crockett
* Crum * Cyrus * Dickson * Doane * Echo * Effie
* Elmwood * Ferguson * Fleming * Genoa * Gilkerson
* Girard * Glenhayes * Grandview Gardens * Hidden Valley
* Hubbardstown * Lavalette * Mineral Springs * Missouri Branch
* Neal * Nestlow * Oakview Heights * Prichard * Quaker
* Radnor * Saltpetre * Shoals * Sidney * Stepptown
* Stiltner (defunct) * Stonecoal * Sweet Run * Tripp
* Webb * Westmoreland * Wilsondale * Winslow
Copyright © Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.