Welcome to Wayne County WV|
History and Genealogy
Dedicated to Free Genealogy
is Available for Adoption
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing
genealogical and historical data and placing it online
for the free use of
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic webpage-making
skills, consider joining us!
Get the details on our Volunteer
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage
If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways.
More information can be found on the Volunteer
Check your attics!
Dust off your family scrapbooks!
We're looking for DATA for our sites!!!
We would very much like
to make you part of this project.
If you have information that you'd like to share about any town,
family, county or subject,
it to Us and we'll make sure it gets
posted to this site.
Types of Data We're Looking to
Send transcribed biographies, obituaries, vital records, census
records, newspaper gleanings,
military records, or if you have walked cemeteries and have transcribed
those names and dates,
and any other type of data (other than gedcoms and trees) you think w
ould be helpful to researchers.
We regret that we are unable to perform personal
research for folks.
All data we come
across will be added to this site.
We thank you
for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we
make to this site.
Wayne County is the westernmost
county in WV
Created from part of Cabell County, it was founded in 1842.
The County Seat is Wayne
The county was named for General "Mad Anthony" Wayne
Incorporated Cities and Towns
* City of Ceredo
* Town of Fort Gay
* City of Huntington (partly, most of city in Cabell County)
* City of Kenova
* Town of Wayne
* Town of East Lynn * Town of Dunlow
* Ardel * Armilda * Bethesda * Booton * Bowen * Brabant * Buffalo Creek * Centerville * Coleman * Cove Gap * Crockett
* Crum * Cyrus * Dickson * Doane * Echo * Effie * Elmwood * Ferguson * Fleming * Genoa * Gilkerson
* Girard * Glenhayes * Grandview Gardens * Hidden Valley * Hubbardstown * Lavalette * Mineral Springs * Missouri Branch
* Neal * Nestlow * Oakview Heights * Prichard * Quaker * Radnor * Saltpetre * Shoals * Sidney * Stepptown
* Stiltner (defunct) * Stonecoal * Sweet Run * Tripp * Webb * Westmoreland * Wilsondale * Winslow
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full
rights reserved for original submitters.