|Welcome to Lowndes County, Alabama|
|Alabama Genealogy Trails|
This Lowndes County Website
is available for adoption.
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic web-authoring skills, consider joining us! If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways. Get the details on our Volunteer Page.
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]
We regret that we are unable to perform personal research for folks.
All data we come across will be added to this site. We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to this site.
* * * NEW DATA ADDED CONSTANTLY * * * . . . CHECK BACK OFTEN . . .
Lowndes County Alabama
Lowndes County, Alabama was established on January 20, 1830.
Its name is in honor of William Lowndes, a member of the United States Congress from South Carolina.
Its county seat is Hayneville.Photo By Altairisfar (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons
CITIES, TOWNS, AND POPULATED PLACES
* Benton * Fort Deposit * Gordonville * Hayneville * Letohatchee *
* Lowndesboro * Mosses * White Hall *
* Burkville * Mount Willing * Sandy Ridge * Trickem *
Check your attics!
Dust off your family scrapbooks!
We're looking for DATA for this site!!!
If you are interested in adding your families' information to this website, Email Us.
We'll be happy to help your families' obituaries, news items and other historical data find a home here at Alabama Genealogy Trails, where it will remain free for all to view.
Online Data Birth Records Cemeteries Census Records Church Records County Records Death Records Family Stories and Memories History Marriage Records Military Records Obituaries and Death Notices School Records Wills & Probate
- Website Updates:Dec 2016: Death News: SHANKSOct 2016: Misc: 20 Businessmen of Lowndes County in 1908Sept 2016: Bios: HICKSON - Submitted by Erick BrownJul 2016: History: 1854 Business DirectoryApr 2016: County Records: 1907 County OfficersJan 2016: County Records: 1931 County Officers; Bio: HALL - Transcribed by Kim MohlerOct 2015: County Records: 1913 County Officers; Marriage News: SPANN, COX;Jul 2015: 1939 Confederate Pensioners; Death News: BROWN; Crime News;May 2015: Redecorated site and now all pages are mobile friendly;Jan 2015: Community News: NININGER, Married News: ROBERTSON, MICKLE, MABRY, PIPKIN, WOOTEN, ROCHELLE; Death News: MCQUEEN, THOMPSON, WHITLEY, MCPHERSON, BLACK, DICKSON, ENGLISH, REESE, HAMILL
SEARCH OUR SITES
Submit an Obituary to Us
for any of our county sites.
If you would like to be kept informed of our state and county website updates, subscribe to any or all of our mailing lists
Alabama is covered under our "Southern States" mailing list.
VISIT OUR ALABAMA STATE PAGE
OR VISIT OUR NATIONAL SITE
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.